No matter what size of home you may have or where it is located, you can have a geothermal heat pump installed. They can be installed under landscaped areas, under lawns or in your house, and your home can be retrofitted using the ductwork that is already in place. Both the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency have endorsed geothermal heat pumps as being not only energy efficient, but also environmentally friendly. If you are considering this type of heating system for your home, Northern’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning would like to share some information on just a few of the benefits you could enjoy.
Reasons to Consider a Geothermal Heat Pump
- Reduced energy usage – The biggest advantage of a geothermal heat pump is that it can use up to 50 percent less electricity than standard heating and cooling systems. This, of course, will result in smaller bills each month.
- Comfort all year – A geothermal heat pump also offers improved humidity control, and operates much more quietly than traditional systems.
- Low environmental impact – This type of system uses much less electricity in order to keep your home comfortable. As a result, they reduce harmful emissions and also reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
- Low maintenance – There is very little maintenance required for a geothermal heat pump, other than regularly changing the air filters and occasionally cleaning the heat exchanger coils.
- Durability and reliability – A heat pump has very few moving parts, so it can routinely last 20 years or even longer.
Learn more about geothermal heat pump
If you are interested in learning more about how a geothermal heat pump may benefit you, contact Northern’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning online or give us a call at 763-412-1197. What do you think about heat pumps? Have you ever had one in your home? Share your opinion with us by clicking one of the social media buttons on this page.