According to some sources, if you’re in need of a new air conditioning unit, the time to buy one might be right now. Sure, you could wait until prices drop this fall, but that doesn’t do you much good if you’re sweltering through the summer heat with a broken AC unit.
You might have heard some people say that you should just tough things out and wait until winter, which is of course the least busy season for AC companies. However, that’s generally not a great idea. When your air conditioner breaks, you want a new one right away. This is the time to bite the bullet and invest.
As you look for a replacement air conditioner, be sure to ask yourself (and the AC companies) these questions:
- What size air conditioner is right for my home? One that is too big will cost more money than you need to spend, and one that’s too small will struggle to properly cool your home.
- Is there one brand of AC unit that’s better than the others? Not every brand is the right fit for the average homeowner. Ask experienced professionals which ones they think would best suit your needs.
- Would I like my AC unit to have any special features? If your family suffers from allergies, you may want an AC unit that can help reduce their symptoms. You may also be interested in fancy add-ons like zoning systems.
- How much will installation cost? This price can be a big chunk of the overall replacement cost. That’s why it pays to shop around and find an HVAC company with fair installation prices.
- Can I negotiate the price of my new unit in any way? Believe it or not, the answer to this question is sometimes a yes, so it pays to at least ask and try to negotiate.
If you live in the Ramsey area and are in need of a new air conditioner this summer, don’t hesitate to contact One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning today. Their trained experts will quickly handle any installations, repairs, or maintenance that your system may require. To learn more, speak with a company representative immediately by calling 763-412-1197.