Winter is coming and keeping the house warm will be a priority. Here are six reasons to invest in routine furnace maintenance by a heating contractor:
- Airflow. Changing out the furnace filter on a monthly basis helps prevent dirt, bacteria and mold particles from going through the heating ducts to ensure quality airflow.
- Winter-ready. By scheduling furnace maintenance twice a year, in the fall and spring, you can improve the odds of catching any problems before and after the cold months. With proper care, a furnace can surpass its expected 10 years.
- Save money. A heating system that runs efficiently inside of a well-insulated house translates into lower heating bills. (This is also true for air conditioning units in the warmer months.)
- Keep it efficient. With regular maintenance, the heating system does not have to work as hard as a unit that has defective components or a dirty filter.
- Fewer emergencies. When the heating system is well-serviced, it is not likely to break down. Winter months will have a reliable heating source because the furnace has been properly checked and serviced.
- Warranty protection. With updated maintenance, parts are likely to still be under warranty should anything go wrong. In the case of failure, the furnace may be repaired at no cost to the homeowner.
The season of below freezing temps, ice and snow will be here soon. Now is the time to invest in routine furnace maintenance. By keeping clean airflow and servicing twice a year, a single furnace can provide a home with heat for many winters.
To reap these benefits, contact Northern’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning. We are your HVAC contractor for routine furnace maintenance, heating repair service and air conditioning repair service. Call us today!