Most homes in Minneapolis rely on a heat pump to heat their home and their water. But heat pumps are important in the summer as well since they also control the cooling of your home. Heat pump systems are efficient, cost-saving and reliable, and they give homeowners the convenience of heating and cooling their home with a single system.
But at some point, every heat pump is going to need repairs. So what are the signs that your home’s heat pump may need maintenance?
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repairs
Knowing the early signs that you may need heat pump maintenance can save you a lot of money and time in the long run. You should inspect your home’s heat pump regularly, but what are the signs to look out for?
- Old age. Unfortunately, no heat pump system is going to last forever. If your home’s heat pump is over 15 years old, you should keep a close eye on it for any problems or call in a professional to perform an inspection.
- Ice on the coil. If you notice ice on the outdoor unit while the heat pump is working, don’t worry. This is very common and a normal part of your heat pump’s process. However, if the ice becomes too thick or does not periodically defrost, then you should have your system inspected.
- Restricted airflow. Heat pumps need unrestricted airflow in order to function properly. If dust, ice buildup or foreign objects are blowing the flow of air from the heat pump, you may notice it not working as well. In this case, call a professional to determine the exact problem.
- Excessive noise. Every heat pump system makes some noises now and then. If you are hearing strange noises or clicking very frequently, however, don’t ignore it. Excessive noises such as groaning or rattling could be a signal that your heat pump needs repairs.
- Higher electricity bills. If you notice your electricity bills increasing but the temperature in your home still isn’t where it should be, have your heat pump system inspected. Heat pumps are generally very energy efficient. If your heat pump is consuming excessive energy, you should have a professional come take a look.
If you’ve noticed any of these problems in your Minneapolis home’s heat pump system, it’s probably time to call for a professional to perform an inspection and/or repairs.
How to Find a Heat Pump Repairman in Minneapolis
If you think the heat pump in your family’s Minneapolis home needs repairs or an inspection, you should call Northern’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning. Our trained and certified technicians can inspect your unit, identify the problem and make any repairs your home’s heat pump needs.
Call Northern’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning today at!