Summer is coming up fast in Maple Grove, and what better way to prepare your home for the heat than by upgrading to a new thermostat? With a smart thermostat, you can make the most of your home’s air conditioning while conserving energy and saving money in utility costs.
What Is a Smart Thermostat?
A smart thermostat — also known as a connected thermostat, a WiFi thermostat or a communicating thermostat — allows you to create automatic and programmable settings for your home’s heating and cooling based on things like your daily schedule, weather conditions, and just your personal preferences.
A smart thermostat can be installed in your home quickly by an HVAC professional, and it should only require regular manual adjustments for the first few days of use. Soon the smart thermostat will learn your daily routine and your heating/cooling preferences, and the thermostat will then begin automatically adjusting itself.
Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats have several features that traditional thermostat models lack. Here’s how those new features can benefit Maple Grove homeowners.
- Save money on energy bills. This is a huge benefit over traditional thermostats. Because a smart thermostat automatically adjusts when you’re not home or if the weather makes it unnecessary, a smart thermostat can save you significant amounts of money in energy costs.
- Movement sensors. Smart thermostats are equipped with movement sensors that can detect when you or a member of your family are in a room or moving about the house. The thermostat can then automatically adjust the temperature in your home or even in individual rooms to match your family’s needs.
- Remote control. One of the best features that smart thermostats have is the ability to control them remotely from a phone or tablet. All smart thermostats come with brand apps that you can download on your phone and use to check or adjust the temperature in your home remotely.
- Tracking energy use. Smart thermostats typically provide energy reports showing how much power they’re using. You can also see how much energy you’ve used in past months and see how your energy consumption has changed over time. Often these reports will include tips on things you can do to save energy.
- Voice commands. Smart thermostats are also usually compatible with voice command devices like Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home. When you link your smart thermostats to your home’s voice command devices, you can control the temperature in your home with the sound of your voice!
Who Can Install My Smart Thermostat?
If you decide to purchase a smart thermostat for your home, it’s always best to have it installed by a professional. For homeowners in Maple Grove, contact the HVAC experts at Northern’s One Hour Heating & Air. The service technicians at Northern’s One Hour have a reputation for excellence, professionalism and customer satisfaction, and they have years of experience installing and setting up smart thermostats.
Call Northern’s One Hour Heating & Air atif you have any questions about the benefits of smart thermostats or if you’d like to have a smart thermostat installed in your home.