Call Us (763) 412-1197

Browse: Home / Blog / Heating Units and Boiler Installation

Heating Units and Boiler Installation

Sep 25 ,2013

Heating Units and Boiler InstallationAs winter approaches and the mercury drops, you may have begun thinking about replacing your heating system. Understanding how heating systems stack up against each other can help you make a decision on a new purchase. A company that specializes in furnace installation in Minneapolis can evaluate your home to help you find the right system. Our specialists at Northern’s One Hour can make recommendations on which type of boiler or furnace will work best for you.

Rating the System

A furnace or boiler’s efficiency is measured by annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE). The Federal Trade Commission now mandates that manufacturers display the AFUE on the unit. An AFUE of 90 percent means that 90 percent of the energy in the fuel becomes heat, and the other 10 percent escapes through the chimney or elsewhere. The number does not account for heat losses of a duct system, which can cause you to lose as much as 35 percent of the energy.

Comparing Units

If you are considering new boiler installation, you can compare the AFUE numbers on the units. A new, all-electric unit will not lose any energy through a chimney, and the AFUE on these systems is usually between 95 and 100 percent. In general, a good, high-efficiency system should be at 90 percent or higher.

Your best bet is to work with a licensed technician experienced in furnace installation. Our staff at Northern’s One Hour knows how to match your home with the right system. Call us today at 763-412-1197.

CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
Recent Blog Posts
Thinking About Installing a Smart Thermostat for Your Minneapolis Home? Dec 3, 2019

Are you planning to upgrade your heating system to a more energy-efficient solution? Replacing your old heater is not enough! You should also consider installing a smart thermostat in your home. Today’s smart thermostats are […] Read More

How to Know When to Repair or Replace Your Maple Park Home’s Plumbing Fixtures Nov 26, 2019

Replacing or repairing your home’s plumbing fixtures is something that can easily overwhelm homeowners. You don’t want to spend money on replacing something that can easily be repaired. On the other hand, repairing the same […] Read More

Tips for Selecting a Minneapolis Home Hot Water Heater Nov 19, 2019

A water heater is a basic necessity in every American household. It is the third-largest source of energy expenses in homes and consists of about 18% of the total energy bill. This is the reason […] Read More